Gone are the days when eLearning was considered a costly affair with only some people opting for it due to lack of educational technology, learning and development opportunities. But today as we take a look at the staggering number of organisations shifting towards online learning to educate and develop their employees, it is quite evident that it has got a substantial amount of attention from both education and corporate sectors.
And now as we forge ahead in 2016, the future of online learning is only going to boom with modern advancements in eLearning services, tools and technologies. Below, we mention some amazing facts about eLearning and how it has dominated the existing status quo for online learning for a while.
- Since 1999, the year eLearning came into existence, it has been showing tremendous growth and has been transforming people’s learning habits online. Based on the reports of a Training Industry, the online training sessions conducted in 2014 were 28.5% as compared to 25.9% in 2013.
- Among the current breed of online learners, 82% of them are undergraduates and 81% of them are employed.
- ELearning is a cheaper and faster means of learning. Ernst and Young who have been instrumental in developing eLearning, have helped in decreasing training costs by 35% and a reduced delivery time of 52% after implementing the course.
- Today more than 500 Fortune companies are using some or the other online educational technology to educate their employees and clients.
- MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) are going to rise to 28% within the next two years with 8% currently using them and 7% thinking of experimenting with them.
- Reports suggest that 25% of employees leave the firm due to lack of proper training and learning opportunities at the same time companies who use online training tools generate 26% more income per employee.
- A survey conducted among HR managers resulted that they listed 12% employees leave the organisation citing “not enough training” reason almost every year.
- Currently, there are more than 3 million online-only students in America. This is more than the total number of college students in entire France.
- eLearning is growing worldwide with 77% American firms offering eLearning in their professional development programs, 3000 European firms implementing eLearning in their corporate culture and out of 140, 100 eLearning companies in India were founded in last three years.
- It is estimated that 55.6 billion dollars rides on the eLearning industry which is only going to rise in the coming years.
- Figures suggest that 46% of college students are taking up at least one online course whereas by 2019, approximately half of all college classes would be based on eLearning.
- Globally, mobile learning market had reached to $5.3 billion in 2012 and the revenues will only double to $12.2 billion by 2017.
These are some interesting and amazing facts that are really going to make you look out for attractive online learning courses to develop your learning habits. If you want to add your opinions or thoughts, kindly comment on the box below. For any query related to Synotive’s eLearning capabilities, call our experts today!
You Should Also Read:
- Online Training Trends to Watch Out for in the Coming Year
- The Importance of Aims and Objectives in eLearning Course Development
- History of Learning Management System (LMS) (Infographic)
- Busting 7 Myths about Online Learning
- Secrets of a Successful Instructional Designer (Infographic)
- Use Images Wisely to Match Emotions in Custom Course Development
- How to Convince Your Staff That Online Courses Can Be Beneficial For Their Continuous Growth
- Examples of Good Learning Outcomes in Online Course Development
- eLearning Development Checklist – Checking your elearning course before you hit the send button (Infographic)
- 4 Questions to ask about your eLearning Course Target Audience
- How to Add Innovation to your eLearning Course Development by reducing Bullet Points
- How to Create an Interesting Online Learning Course