With rising cost and competition, companies require a system which enables them to manage a large group of learners in a web-based environment. Learners which they can manage, track and report on.
A Learning Management System does just that. Listed below are some of the benefits of an LMS for Learners:
Keeping it Central
- Study material is centralised
- Resources can be made available from the one location
- Learners can view and manage their account
24/7 Information Access
- A student can learn at their own time
- They can access the information from anywhere
- Learners can receive updated information from their trainers
- They can collaborate with other Learners.
- Learners can enjoy interactive/engaging courses
- Doing interesting quizzes and games to reinforce learning in a fun way
- Learners on the run may be happy to do the course on a tablet or IPad
- Saves times and allows for more Learners to enrol in courses
- Some LMS systems allow for Learners to self-enrol and start the courses
- Depending on the course subject, this means an extra revenue stream for the business as outsiders too can do the courses.
Increasing Technical Skills
- Learners who are not very familiar with technical skills will become more confident as they are exposed to doing a course online, attempting multiple choice questions, answering text based questions, all online.
- Depending on the LMS set up, students may receive instant feedback once a task, quiz is completed and this allows them to monitor how they are progressing
- Feedback can also be personalised and provide students with areas which they need to work on
- Some LMS’s have an automatic certificate generator once all tasks and assessments have been fulfilled by the student and verified by the trainer. With a click the learner can print out their certificate. Do note that these are generally for non-compliant courses.
There are many other benefits but the above are the main reasons that companies are now looking at a Learning Management system to complement their tradition tools of training and assessments.